Monday 29 August 2011

Daily Class Reflection

Session 3 - 24 August 2011


This session conducted by Ms Peggy Foo is a reinforcement of how a lesson is planned and executed. After which, an evaluation is done to further improve the lesson.
There are two main points that I valued. The first one is regarding evaluating a lesson. Asking for other teachers’ input to further enhance the lesson is constructive. Discussions makes one view what went wrong and right and to make relevant changes to enhance the learning process.
Secondly, to be prepared for differentiation, which can be easily overlooked, thus causing problem with classroom management. Being a little more prepared is always useful.
Making structures with fixed number of unifix cubes was interesting. Working in a group was fun, especially when we two of us made the same structure and had to place them together to know that they are same. Interesting visualization!
Bring back the tangrams was useful. I asked my five year olds to form the shapes and it was interesting to observe kids flipping and turning the pieces and coming up with new shapes. It kept the kids engaged for quite a while. A lot of interaction in the form of thinking was taking place. When I attempted it by myself, there was times when I had to scratch my head. It made me wonder how the kids in my class were able to place back the larger version of the tangram in the form of puzzle(pic. below) quite easily after a few attempts.
It was a day to revisit and reflect on the way I plan lessons for my class. Useful reminders to include more ideas to keep kids thinking.






No comments:

Post a Comment